Looking for a perfect bra size is like taking a quick walk to Harry Potter’s Triwizard Maze. Lost! Accomplishing the art of wearing the right bra can have metamorphic and transmuting effects on your body and considerably on us too. It can help us look confident and sensual. It can provide great support and coverage, enhance your assets and help hide your bodily flaws.
Finding a perfectly tailored and fitted bra can be a withering job whether we’re large-breasted, small-breasted or whether we stand somewhere between the queue. 80% of the women all across the globe supports incorrect bra size, says the survey conducted by US National Library of Medicine. Let’s look at the simple yet helpful tips that can help us in picking the correct bra.
Avail the benefits of wearing the correct bra size
- Gives you the manifestation of perkier breasts.
- Helps put behind premature sagging. No droopy breasts for you!
- Gives you a leaner look.
- Rectify your bad posture and helps you look few inches taller and straighter.
- Clothes will fit better, look better and feel better.
But the entire story lands on one simple fact to consider throughout. What’s the perfect bra size for you and how to measure one? To find your ideal bra size, shift your focus to two main key areas; band size (32, 34, 36 etc.) and cup size (A, B, C etc) which we always get wrong. Well most of the times.
Determine your Band Size
Either braless or wear a non-padded bra, while measuring your band size. Take a measuring tape; put it snugly around your torso, just under your bust around your rib cage. Make sure you are holding a straight measuring tap at equal level that lays uncoupled across your back. When inscribing the measurement, round to the nearest whole inch. If you are getting an even rounded number add 4 more inches to it, if odd add 5 more inches to it. (For example, 30 plus 4 inches equals 34 inches or 29 plus 5 equals 34 inches). This final sum total is your band size.
Usually band sizes come in even numbers i.e. 28, 32, 34, 36 etc, but if you feel that you have an odd number say example 33, then you should probably try both 32 and 34 and see which one fits you the perfect.
Calculate you Cup Size
You get your perfect cup size by deducting your band size from your bust measurement. Example 37 inches (bust) – 34 inches (band) = 3 inches. That’s a 34C
Try out these simple tips to make sure that a particular bra type fits you type best:-
- From waist bend forward at 90 degree angle, then put on your bra and hook it. This will fortify that your breasts are completely in the cups.
- Jiggle your band so that it levels with the front.
- Avoid baggy bras. You should be able to slip only one finger underneath the band. If it allows more than one finger to pass, you need a refit.
- After securing the hook, make sure the straps are not falling off your shoulders. If yes, shorten and adjust the straps accordingly.
- Stand in front of the mirror facing sides. If your breasts are falling in between your shoulders and elbows, then you’ve chosen a perfect sized bra.
- If you need to move down a cup size for better fitting, go up one band size and vice- versa.
Just keep one thing in mind, the average women go through different bra sizes throughout her life. A body change its structure and posture throughout, so does your bra size. Choose wisely!